Samsung Officially Announces the Galaxy Note II and Galaxy Camera
The long awaited Samsung Mobile Unpacked is currently underway and the first devices announces have been rumored to come for weeks now. The top Android manufacturer announced its newest addition to the Galaxy Note line-up. They also made a surprise announcement by launching the powerful Galaxy Camera, an Android 4.1 powered device with a 16MP image sensor.
Samsung Galaxy Note II is, according to the manufacturer, the fastest device on the market. They integrated all the features that made the Galaxy Note 10.1 such a great device, combined with a refresh of specifications. The S-Pen has also been improved with 1024 pressure sensors and a new design for better grip and handling. A quick look at the Galaxy Note II specs:
- 5.5″ 1280×720 Super AMOLED display
- 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos processor (like Snapdragon S4 in US LTE models)
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32/64GB storage, microSD Card slot
- 8MP Rear shooter
- 1.9MP Front camera
- S Pen with S Note and S Planner
- 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4 mm, 180 g
- 3100mAh battery
- Android 4.1
Samsung is all about bringing inovative features and the Galaxy Note II does just that. Coupled with the new S-Pen, the new Note device promises to deliver on every aspect, from productivity to design and play. Some of the new features included are:
- Popup Note, Popup Video – write a note while on the phone or doing something else
- Easy clip – as soon as you select an area with the S-Pen, you can simply clip it
- Precise hand writing
- Photo Note – chop down quick notes and comments on pictures
- 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity
- Idea visualizer – write a word in the box and a picture is suggested
- When you slide out the S-Pen and all the S-Note tools appear on a new page
260 partners in 128 countries will launch the new Note device starting October 2012. I will support 4G LTE connectivity and is available in Marble White and Titanium Gray. Samsung’s CEO stated “Regardless of any hindrance, we will continue to provide the best product in the industry”
The Samsung Galaxy Camera is the World’s first Android 4.1 Jelly Bean digital Camera. It features a 16 megapixel image sensor 21x optical zoom. The device has a stunning 4.8 inch HD display and is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos chipset. Other features include 3G and 4G data connectivity, WiFi and WiFi-Direct.
Samsung focused on developing special software for their new digital camera. Included are the Photo Wizard and Movie Wizard apps that will allow for “professional quality edits on the go,” . Galaxy Camera also features Smart Content Manager, an innovative on-device organization tool which intelligently creates folders, tags faces, and even suggests which pictures to delete when they don’t come out as desired. It will be available in two connectivity options: a 3G and Wi-Fi version or a 4G and Wi-Fi version.