Nova Launcher Integrates the Changes from Android 4.2 With its Latest Version
One of the first custom launchers for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich has been developed by TeslaCoil Software. Nova Launcher has been made to include all the user’s wishes and there is a very large thread on XDA Developers dedicated to it, including a User Voice page where you can vote for features to be integrated in future versions.
Nova Launcher is among the first to integrate changes from new versions of Android. With the launch of a new OS, Google implements small changes to the launcher, worth including by the developer in their third-party apps. What good is a custom launcher if it does not benefit from the speed and features of new OS releases.
Version 1.3.3 for Nova Launcher integrates all the major improvements brought by Android 4.2. The stock icons for Clock and Camera have been replaced with the ones from the new version of the OS. There are also a number of fixes for Android 4.2, to make it more reliable and compatible with Samsung devices running Jelly Bean. Here’s a complete list of improvements:
- Fixes for 4.2 (Dock, QSB, expand notifications)
- Added Expand Quick Settings Nova Action
- Update Stock Jellybean theme for 4.2 icons (Camera, Clock)
- Fix unread counts in drawer not always updating
- Fix Widget Picker on some Samsung 4.1 devices
- Fix drawer tab sometimes not being selectable