Google Updates Play Music, Magazines and Goggles With New Improvements
Owning an Android smartphone doesn’t necessarily mean you have to use Google’s native apps to fulfill your needs. The Android OS is all about choice and there are many alternatives available on the Store. But why should one choose another app when the ones offered by Google are so good? The latest line of updates brought some much needed features as well as bug fixes and improvements.
Google Play Music has been updated to version 4.3.609. The update brings support for Google TV devices and expandable notifications in Jellybean. Also included are the usual bug fixes and optimizations for devices. The last update (4.3.606) brought some very appealing visual changes and enhanced user control.
Google Play Magazines was introduced durring Google I/O and the new update brings it to version 1.0.1. The changes include home screen / library performance improvements and better recognition of available space. Bug fixes targeted at Nexus 7 and Jellybean users and app crash fixes have also been included.
Google Goggles version 1.9 brings a notable amount of improvements to the app. Here is the complete changelog:
- Search-from-camera no longer requires search history to be enabled.
- Faster, more robust object tracking in “continuous” mode
- When scanning a QR code that has a URL encoded:
- The thumbnail of a page is shown
- URL is checked against a malicious URL blacklist
- More complete barcode coverage
- Support for non-autofocus cameras
- When Goggles fails to find an exact match – search for products that look similar.