Galaxy Nexus Getting Android 4.2 – Build JOP40C – OTA Download Link Inside
The main highlight of any Nexus device, on top of providing a stock Google Android experience, is that it will always run the latest version of the OS, as soon as it becomes available. These are the main reasons for choosing a Nexus branded device and so far Google hasn’t disappointed when it comes to providing fast updates for their devices.
As expected, with the new Nexus devices available for purchase today, Google has also started rolling out Android 4.2 for the Nexus 7 and the GSM version for the Galaxy Nexus. The latter is slowly being updated to Android 4.2 but as is the case with most new versions of software, the OTA file link has already been extracted and posted on the Internet. The file is only for the takju variant of the Galaxy Nexus, sold off the Play Store. You need to be running Android 4.1.2 build JZO54K before attempting to install the new version.
If you want to get Android 4.2 on your GSM Galaxy Nexus you must first download the OTA file from the official server. Once you’re done, you can go ahead and flash it using the Recovery system. To do that you must:
- Power off your Takju Galaxy Nexus.
- Hold Volume Down + Volume Up + Power Button at the same time for 5-7 seconds and leave the buttons as soon as you see the fast boot menu.
- Scroll down the menu through the volume up & down keys and navigate to “recovery” and select it.
- Once you see an Android with a red exclamation point icon, press Volume Up and the Power button together, which will bring you to a new menu.
- Navigate to “apply update from adb” and select it with the power button.
- Connect your Galaxy Nexus to your computer via USB Cable.
- Make sure you have ADB installed in your computer (If not then grab it from HERE).
- Copy the OTA file you previously downloaded to your ADB Directory.
- Open CMD (Or Terminal in Linux or Mac OS X) in your ADB Directory.
- Type the Following: adb sideload e587de13bf8a.signed-takju-
- Once the sideloading process your device will automatically start to install the OTA update.
- After the Installation is finished simply reboot your device.