CyanogenMod 11 Quietly Reaches Milestone 4 for Selected Devices – Download Link Available
Among Android users the number of people that haven’t heard of CyanogenMod is very small. Among Android enthusiasts equals none. And when a new Milestone is upon the newest version of “everyone’s favorite custom ROM” – one does not overlook the importance of it. Not to mention those having a compatible device eagerly awaiting the final release.
In plain terms: CyanogenMod is a manufacturer firmware alternative for devices that will no longer be receiving updates by their manufacturer or for users wanting the Nexus style standard Android interface and a lot more control and features offered with it. CyanogenMod 11 is based on the latest version of the Google branded OS but as stated, with a lot more features, options and more improvements than those integrated by default with a Nexus type interface.
The most newest release of CyanogenMod 11 – currently not available in a final or stable form- is CM M4 or Milestone 4. So called “Milestones” these are pre-final stage releases that are worth installing as are usually good for everyday use and reporting back to the developers any problems. This release comes with features and improvements you wouldn’t want to miss out on:
- Immersive Mode – prevent accidental clicks on swipe gesture (EdgeGesture service)
- Bluetooth LE – Wipower SDK apis, various fixes
- System NavBar – Left Hand mode (landscape only – not available on tablets)
- Motion Accelerometer support (device dependant)
- Volume Panel – transparency support
- Translations – new language additions, localization and long-string fixes
- MediaPlayer – new apis for Suspend/Resume
- CM Easter Egg
- QuickSettings – volume Tile sync fix, Quick Config, Alarm tile shows alarms, User Profile fix
- Recent Apps Panel – low-end device tweaks
- Theme Engine – Fix crashes
- Performance – Speed up booting on multi-core devices, add option to force high-end graphics option on low-end devices
- Trebuchet – decouple icon mask and background (should fix some icon packs)
- Settings – multiple hands-free device support
- Privacy Guard – confirm on permission reset
- Profiles – add expanded desktop support
Depending on your device, weather it is compatible or not, you can find the download page / list here.