Apex Launcher Reaches Beta Version 2.0 Including New Features
Due to the manufacturer provided versions of the Android interface, there are a great deal of users that choose to rely their experience on a custom launcher that can be found on the Play Store. Many of these manage to offer greater performance than the stock versions and come with lots of features.
Since Android 4.0+ was announced the whole perspective about the Android system was changed with the introduction of a new interface. Naturally the great number of developers that had offered a custom launcher on the Google Play Store had to adapt to the situation and update their apps. However some chose to offer something new.
Apex Launcher is one of the first to be available for Android ICS+ devices and based on the new version of the OS. It also offers a very large number of features and leaves nothing to chance in terms of customization options. The latest version 2.0 now finds itself in Beta stage, offering a highly requested feature: widgets in drawer. On top of that, there are a large number of new options, including:
- Integration with Apex Notifier (pro)
- Support for new apps and options
- Also works with DashClock (Android 4.2+)
- Notification badge style options (pro)
- Badge shape, color, position
- Default on for external notifiers (pro)
- Re-organized and improved settings menu
- Removed permissions for notifications
- Fixed bugs with accessibility
- Various fixes and improvements
- Updated translations